lazzaro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lazzaro family
The surname lazzaro was first found in Padua (Italian: Padova, Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa), on the Bacchiglione River, capital of the province of Padua. In 1175, the citizens elected the D'Este family as podesta but in 1275 Frederick II took over. The powerful families of D'Este, Camposampiero and Da Romano were the large influences. The city is rich in art, museums and galleries. Many churches exhibit works of the masters. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The family name history goes back to 948 a Frenchwoman married Pietro Lanswier a valorous captain for Ludovico II. She held Castle Alfano. Daniele e Palamede was a captain for Phillipe, King of France in 1318.
Important Dates for the lazzaro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lazzaro research. Another 78 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lazzaro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lazzaro Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lazar, Lazzarin, Lazzarini, Lazzarino, Lazzaro, Lazzaron, Lazzarone, Lazzaroni, Lazzarotti, Lazzeretti, Lazzeri, Lazzerini, Lazzero, Lazzeroni, Lazata, Lazzar, Lazzer and many more.
Early Notables of the lazzaro family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lazzaro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the lazzaro family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Gaspan Lazar, who was naturalized in Mobile, Alabama in 1868; Georgi Lazar, who arrived in Boston in 1906; Maria Lazar, who came to Galveston, Texas in 1906.
Contemporary Notables of the name lazzaro (post 1700)
- Peter G. Lazzaro, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1972 
- Pericles H. Lazzaro, American politician, U.S. Consular Agent in Salonika, 1907 
- Bernadette Lazzaro (b. 1948), birth name of Bernadette Peters, American Tony award, Grammy Award winning actress, singer and children's book author
- Francesco Lazzaro Guardi (1712-1793), Italian painter of veduta, nobleman, member of the Venetian School
- Lazzaro Morelli (1608-1690), Italian sculptor of the Baroque period
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html