lazaro History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lazaro family
The surname lazaro was first found in Padua (Italian: Padova, Latin: Patavium, Venetian: Padoa), on the Bacchiglione River, capital of the province of Padua. In 1175, the citizens elected the D'Este family as podesta but in 1275 Frederick II took over. The powerful families of D'Este, Camposampiero and Da Romano were the large influences. The city is rich in art, museums and galleries. Many churches exhibit works of the masters. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry. The family name history goes back to 948 a Frenchwoman married Pietro Lanswier a valorous captain for Ludovico II. She held Castle Alfano. Daniele e Palamede was a captain for Phillipe, King of France in 1318.
Early History of the lazaro family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lazaro research. Another 78 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lazaro History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lazaro Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lazar, Lazzarin, Lazzarini, Lazzarino, Lazzaro, Lazzaron, Lazzarone, Lazzaroni, Lazzarotti, Lazzeretti, Lazzeri, Lazzerini, Lazzero, Lazzeroni, Lazata, Lazzar, Lazzer and many more.
Early Notables of the lazaro family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lazaro Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lazaro migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lazaro Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Miguel Lazaro, who landed in America in 1813 
- Jeronimo De Lazaro, who arrived in Cartagena in 1834 
- Francisco Lazaro, who landed in Rio de la Plata in 1835 
- Juraron Lazaro, who landed in New Spain in 1837 
- Gaspar Lazaro, who arrived in Puerto Rico in 1860 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
lazaro Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Angelo Lazaro, aged 4, who landed in America from Gagliano, in 1902
- Antonino Lazaro, aged 2, who immigrated to the United States from Gratteri, Sicily, in 1913
- Antonio Lazaro, aged 32, who settled in America, in 1918
Contemporary Notables of the name lazaro (post 1700) +
- Ladislas Lazaro (1872-1927), American Democrat politician, Member of Louisiana State Senate, 1908; U.S. Representative from Louisiana 7th District, 1913-27 
- Ladislas Lazaro (1872-1927), American politician, Democratic U.S. Representative from Louisiana
- Emilio Martínez Lázaro (b. 1945), Spanish film director
- David Lázaro Alonso (b. 1985), Spanish footballer
- Thierry Lazaro (b. 1960), French politician, member of the National Assembly of France
- Lazaro Sosa "Laz" Barrera (1924-1991), American racehorse trainer inducted into the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame (1979)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 28) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html