laue History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the laue family
The surname laue was first found in Bohemia, where this family became a prominent contributor to the development of the area from ancient times. Ancient chronicles mention Friedrich Lur of Michelfeld in 1343. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the feudal system.
Important Dates for the laue family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laue research. Another 145 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1703, 1724, 1817, 1600, 1652, 1622, 1675, 1803 and 1848 are included under the topic Early laue History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
laue Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lauer, Laure, Lauerer, Laurer, Lauher, Lau, Laue and others.
Early Notables of the laue family (pre 1700)
During this early period, notable bearers of the name laue included Nicolaes Lauwers (1600-1652), a Flemish engraver; Conrad Lauwers (1622-1675), a Flemish engraver from Antwerp; Franz von Lauer (d.1803), who was a member of the Austrian branch of Lauers. He was...
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early laue Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
laue migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
laue Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- William Laue, who landed in Virginia in 1653 
laue Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Peter Laue, who landed in New York in 1709 
laue Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Lucas Laue, who landed in America in 1813-1820 
- Gesine Laue, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849 
- Wilhelm Laue, who arrived in Texas in 1846 
- Johanna Laue, who arrived in Texas in 1846 
- Bertram Laue, who landed in Texas in 1846 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name laue (post 1700)
- R. Laue, American politician, Village President of Northbrook, Illinois, 1925 
- Jan Laue, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Iowa, 1996 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html