lau History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lau family
The surname lau was first found in Bohemia, where this family became a prominent contributor to the development of the area from ancient times. Ancient chronicles mention Friedrich Lur of Michelfeld in 1343. Always prominent in social affairs, the name became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the feudal system.
Important Dates for the lau family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lau research. Another 145 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1703, 1724, 1817, 1600, 1652, 1622, 1675, 1803 and 1848 are included under the topic Early lau History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lau Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lauer, Laure, Lauerer, Laurer, Lauher, Lau, Laue and others.
Early Notables of the lau family (pre 1700)
During this early period, notable bearers of the name lau included Nicolaes Lauwers (1600-1652), a Flemish engraver; Conrad Lauwers (1622-1675), a Flemish engraver from Antwerp; Franz von Lauer (d.1803), who was a member of the Austrian branch of Lauers. He was...
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lau Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lau migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lau Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Christian Lau, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1732 
- Philip Lau, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1763 
- John Henry Lau, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1773 
lau Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adelheid Lau, who arrived in America in 1834 
- Carl Lau, who landed in America in 1834 
- Herman J Lau, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1844 
- Herman J. Lau, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1844 
- Hermann Lau, who arrived in New York in 1850 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
lau Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Joseph Lau, who arrived in Arkansas in 1904 
Contemporary Notables of the name lau (post 1700)
- Alfred Herman Lau (b. 1913), American aeronautical engineer
- Harry M. Lau, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Circuit Judge in Michigan 3rd Circuit, 1935 
- Charles A. Lau, American Republican politician, Candidate for Missouri State House of Representatives from Buchanan County 3rd District, 1964; Delegate to Republican National Convention from Missouri, 1972 
- Pierre Marie du Lau d'Allemans, French Divisional General during the French Revolutionary and Napoleonic Wars from 1789 to 1815 
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Generals Who Served in the French Army during the Period 1789-1815. (Retrieved 2015, March 30) Pierre Lau. Retrieved from http://www.napoleon-series.org/research/c_frenchgenerals.html