Lasso History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Lasso family
The surname Lasso was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor. The Liuzza of Luzzi or Luzzo were first recorded as nobility in the year 972 and may have originally been from Cremona.
Early History of the Lasso family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Lasso research. Another 82 words (6 lines of text) covering the year 1279 is included under the topic Early Lasso History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lasso Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Liuzzi, Liuzzo, Luzzi, Luzzo, Liuzza, Luzza, Liussi, Lussi and many more.
Early Notables of the Lasso family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Lasso Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Lasso migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Lasso Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Lasso, who settled in Alabama in 1849
- John Lasso, aged 27, who arrived in Mobile, Ala in 1849 
- Peter Lasso, who settled in Indiana in 1852
- Batista Lasso, who settled in Indiana sometime between 1879 and 1906
- Antonio Lasso, who landed in Peru in 1879 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Lasso (post 1700) +
- Guillermo Alberto Santiago Lasso Mendoza (b. 1955), Ecuadorian businessman and politician who is the president-elect of Ecuador
- Galo Plaza Lasso (1906-1987), former President of the Republic of Ecuador
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)