larocco History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the larocco family
The surname larocco was first found in Naples, (Italian: Napoli, Latin: Neapolis) former capital of the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies in southern Italy; it is the chief city of the province of Naples. It shares with Istanbul the claim to be the most beautiful city in Europe. Naples has 237 Churches and 57 Chapels. The National Museum and other galleries contain riches in art and artifacts. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the larocco family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our larocco research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1272, 1641, 1723, 1581 and 1651 are included under the topic Early larocco History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
larocco Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Rocco, Ruocco, Rochi, Roci, Rochelli, Rocchetti, Roccchetto, Rocchini, Roccuzzo, Rocconi, Roccon, Roccardi, Roccato and many more.
Early Notables of the larocco family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early larocco Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
larocco migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical larocco Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
larocco Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Saveria LaRocco, aged 51, who landed in America from Belmonte, Italy, in 1904
- Antonio Larocco, aged 22, who immigrated to the United States from Minturcco, Italy, in 1911
- Ginseppe Larocco, aged 10, who landed in America from Allarosa, Italy, in 1913
- Giuseppe LaRocco, aged 20, who immigrated to America from Sciacca, Sicily, in 1913
- Vincenza LaRocco, aged 18, who settled in America from Licodia E., Sicily, in 1913
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name larocco (post 1700)
- Larry LaRocco (b. 1946), American Democrat politician, Candidate for Idaho State Senate, 1986; U.S. Representative from Idaho 1st District, 1991-95 
- Lori Ann LaRocco, American CNBC television journalist and author
- Mike LaRocco (b. 1971), American former professional Supercross and Motocross racer from Michigan City, Indiana
- James A. Larocco (b. 1948), American politician, U.S. Ambassador to Kuwait, 1997 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html