larin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
The surname larin comes from an old French given name Laurens (Laurentius in Latin). Versions of this given name were popular throughout Christian Europe due to a Saint, so named, who was martyred in Rome in the 3rd century A.D.
Early Origins of the larin family
The surname larin was first found in Provence.
Early History of the larin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our larin research. Another 361 words (26 lines of text) covering the years 1282, 1355, 1387, 1391, 1559, 1625, 1728, 1771, and 1800 are included under the topic Early larin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
larin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laurent, Saint-Laurent, Lauren, Laurents, Lorent, Loren, Laurrent, Laurren, Laurrents, Lorrent, Lorren, Laurrens, Laurens, Laurrens, Saint-Laurrent, Saint-Lauren, Saint-Laurents, Saint-Laurrents, Saint-Laurren, Saint-Lorent, Saint-Loren, Saint-Lorens, Saint-Lorrent, Saint-Lorren and many more.
Early Notables of the larin family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early larin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Russia, the name larin is the 539th most popular surname with an estimated 31,133 people with that name. 
larin migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
larin Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Wilhelmina Larin, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1790 
larin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- P De Larin, aged 23, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1829 
Contemporary Notables of the name larin (post 1700) +
- Mary Elizabeth "Liz" Larin, American Detroit-based singer-songwriter and rock musician
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/russia/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)