on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname laprade was first found in Auvergne, a historic province in south central France.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Dupre, Dupré, Duprat, Dupraz, Dupréel, Dupréelle, Dupréau, Duprès, Duprey, Dupray, Dupres and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our laprade research. Another 55 words (4 lines of text) covering the years 1463, 1507, 1511, 1520, 1524, 1576, 1640, 1742, 1748, 1755, 1795, 1811, and 1841 are included under the topic Early laprade History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 293 words (21 lines of text) are included under the topic Early laprade Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: 320 individuals of the lineage who arrived from France onto Canadian shores between 1600 and 1900. Among them, Nicolas Dupré married in 1656 in Quebec.
- Robert F. LaPrade, American knee surgeon, awarded the 2013 OREF Clinical Research Award
- Albert Laprade (1883-1978), French architect, perhaps best known for his designs for the Palais de la Porte Dorée
- Émile Pinet Laprade (1822-1869), French Governor of Senegal
- Pierre Martin Victor Richard de Laprade (1812-1883), French poet and critic
- Jacques Laprade (b. 1952), Canadian lawyer and politician
- Edgar Louis "Beaver" Laprade (1919-2014), Canadian professional ice hockey centre who played from 1945 to 1955 for the New York Rangers, into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1993
- Guérard, Albert Léon. France: a Modern History. Ann Arbor: University of Michigan Press, 1959. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Rasmussen, Louis J. . San Francisco Ship Passenger Lists 4 Volumes Colma, California 1965 Reprint. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1978. Print.
- De Ville, Winston. Gulf Coast Colonials, A Compendium of French Families in Early Eighteenth Century Louisiana. Baltimore, MD: Clearfield, 1999. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Doyle, William. The Oxford History of the French Revolution. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1990. Print. (ISBN 0192852213).
The laprade Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The laprade Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 May 2014 at 12:23.
on orders of $85 or more