lape History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the lape family
The surname lape was first found in Bolgna (Latin: Bononia), the largest city and the capital of Emilia-Romagna Region. The famous University of Bolgna was founded in the 11th century, by the 13th century the student body was nearly 10,000. Dante and Petrarch studied there. Tisso was tried there for 1564 for writing satirical poems. Bologna naturally, is famous for its sausages. But many noted scholars were born there. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time was in itself a family honor.
Early History of the lape family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lape research. Another 109 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1374, 1872, 1575, 1630, 1593, 1667 and 1732 are included under the topic Early lape History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lape Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lapi, Lapini, Lapucci, Lape, Lappi, Luppe, Lapo, Laponelli and many more.
Early Notables of the lape family (pre 1700)
Another 45 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lape Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lape migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lape Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Mrs. Lape, who arrived in Cincinnati in 1802
- Lazarus Lape, who arrived in Ohio sometime between 1809 and 1852
- John Lape, who arrived in Baltimore in 1855
- Carrie Lape, aged 17, who immigrated to America, in 1894
- M Lape, aged 32, who landed in America, in 1894
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
lape Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Giacomo Lape, aged 13, who landed in America, in 1906
- Leonarda Lape, aged 12, who settled in America from Mongireffi, Sicily, in 1912
- Jose Lape, aged 34, who immigrated to the United States, in 1922
Contemporary Notables of the name lape (post 1700) +
- Beth Lape Nordlund, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Alaska, 2000 
Related Stories +