lanni History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lanni family
The surname lanni was first found in Brescia (Latin: Brixia) in Lomardy, capital of the province of Brescia. The Pizza del Museois the main feature of the town and marks the site of the Forum. Vespasian erected the Capitoleum in 73 A.D. It contains the famous bronze statue of Vistory. The convent of S.Salvatore is also notable, founded by Desiderius, King of Lombardy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the lanni family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lanni research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1552, 1653, 1597 and 1646 are included under the topic Early lanni History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lanni Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lana, Lano, Lani, Lanni, Lanata, Lanaro, Lanario, Lane, Lancca and many more.
Early Notables of the lanni family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lanni Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lanni migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Typical lanni Emigration from the United Kingdom to North America
lanni Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Joseph Lanni, who landed in Jamaica in 1742 
Contemporary Notables of the name lanni (post 1700)
- Joseph Terrence Lanni (1943-2011), former American Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of MGM Mirage
- Robert Lanni (b. 1952), American professional football player
- James Lanni (b. 1962), Canadian professional hockey player
- Arnold David Lanni (b. 1956), Canadian record producer
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)