lani History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lani family
The surname lani was first found in Brescia (Latin: Brixia) in Lomardy, capital of the province of Brescia. The Pizza del Museois the main feature of the town and marks the site of the Forum. Vespasian erected the Capitoleum in 73 A.D. It contains the famous bronze statue of Vistory. The convent of S.Salvatore is also notable, founded by Desiderius, King of Lombardy. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the lani family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lani research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1552, 1653, 1597 and 1646 are included under the topic Early lani History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lani Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Lana, Lano, Lani, Lanni, Lanata, Lanaro, Lanario, Lane, Lancca and many more.
Early Notables of the lani family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lani Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lani migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
lani Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Francesoe Lani, aged 30, originally from Montefiorino, Modena, who arrived in New York in 1920 aboard the ship "Pesaro" from Genova 
- Ilo Lani, aged 38, originally from Koritza, Greece, who arrived in New York in 1921 aboard the ship "Chicago" from Le Havre, France 
Contemporary Notables of the name lani (post 1700)
- Lani Billard (b. 1979), Canadian actress, best known for her role as Elizabeth "Busy" Ramone on the television series Ready or Not from 1993-1997
- Lani A. Sakoda, American Democrat politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from California, 2000 
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6XX-D22 : 6 December 2014), Francesoe Lani, 28 Aug 1920; citing departure port Genova, arrival port New York, ship name Pesaro, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ^ "New York Passenger Arrival Lists (Ellis Island), 1892-1924," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:J6GC-VMG : 6 December 2014), Ilo Lani, 29 Mar 1921; citing departure port Le Havre, arrival port New York, ship name Chicago, NARA microfilm publication T715 and M237 (Washington D.C.: National Archives and Records Administration, n.d.).
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 21) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html