on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
Where did the French langelier family come from? What is the French langelier family crest and coat of arms? When did the langelier family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the langelier family history?The French name langelier has a history dating as far back as the Middle Ages. This history is intrinsically entwined with the region known as Brittany, for it was derived from when the langelier family lived in Brittany.
Most surnames have experienced slight spelling changes. A son may not chose to spell his name the same way that his father did. Many were errors, many deliberate. During the early development of the French language, a person usually gave his version, phonetically, to a scribe, a priest, or a recorder. Prefixes or suffixes varied. They were optional as they passed through the centuries, or were adopted by different branches to signify either a political or religious adherence. Hence, there a many spelling variations of the name langelier, including Langelier, Langellier, Langeolier, Langeleir and others.
First found in Brittany.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our langelier research. Another 72 words (5 lines of text) covering the years 1565 and 1595 are included under the topic Early langelier History in all our PDF Extended History products.
Another 143 words (10 lines of text) are included under the topic Early langelier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
langelier Settlers in Canada in the 17th Century
- Charles Langelier married in Château-Richer, Quebec in 1692
langelier Settlers in Canada in the 18th Century
- Marie-Geneviève Langelier married in Beauceville, Quebec in 1703
- Louis Langelier married in Islet, Quebec in 1724
- Madeleine Langelier married in Quebec in 1735
- Angélique Langelier married in Islet, Quebec in 1749
langelier Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Sebastien Langelier, who married in Quebec (Haute-Ville) in 1861
- Louis F. Langelier, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Massachusetts 14th District, 1918
- Albert D. Langelier, American Democrat politician, Member of Maine State House of Representatives from Androscoggin County, 1919-20
- David Langelier (1883-1922), Canadian politician, Mayor of Eastview, Ontario in 1931 and 1932
- Charles Langelier (1850-1920), Canadian lawyer, politician, judge, journalist, and author, Member of the Legislative Assembly of Quebec for Lévis (1898-1901)
- Sir François Langelier (1838-1915), Canadian lawyer, professor, journalist, politician and author, the 10th Lieutenant Governor of Quebec (1911-1915)
- Jean-Guy Langelier, Canadian Senior Vice-President, Finance and Administration, at the Caisse Centrale Desjardins in Montreal as of 1992
- Filby, P. William and Mary K Meyer. Passenger and Immigration Lists Index in Four Volumes. Detroit: Gale Research, 1985. Print. (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8).
- Vaillancourt, Emile. La Conquete du Canada par les Normands. Biographie de la premiere generation Normande du Canada. Montreal: G. Ducharme, 1930. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore. Print.
- Crozier, William Armstrong Edition. Crozier's General Armory A Registry of American Families Entitled to Coat Armor. New York: Fox, Duffield, 1904. Print.
- Hanks, Patricia and Flavia Hodges. A Dictionary of Surnames. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print. (ISBN 0-19-211592-8).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Zieber, Eugene. Heraldry in America. Philadelphia: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Robb H. Amanda and Andrew Chesler. Encyclopedia of American Family Names. New York: Haper Collins, 1995. Print. (ISBN 0-06-270075-8).
- Browning, Charles H. Americans of Royal Descent. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing. Print.
The langelier Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The langelier Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 1 December 2015 at 16:13.
on orders of $85 or more