landin History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the landin family
The surname landin was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Early History of the landin family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our landin research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1235, 1432, 1559, 1422, 1312, 1314, 1354, 1447, 1500, 1587, 1639, 1682 and 1757 are included under the topic Early landin History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
landin Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Landi, Lando, Lanni, Lanno, Landini, Lannino, Landucci, Landuzzi, Landoni, Landone, Lande, Landy and many more.
Early Notables of the landin family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Lord Ubertino Landi (1312-1314), a royal line of Italy, House of Landi; Ruffino Landi (1354-) who received a Mantova from Emperor Charles IV; Neroccio di Bartolomeo de' Landi...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early landin Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name landin is the 7,964th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
landin migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
landin Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Sven S. Landin, who settled in Maine in 1873
landin Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Anna Landin, who settled in Montana in 1900
- Anders Landin, who settled in Illinois sometime between 1857 and 1906
Contemporary Notables of the name landin (post 1700) +
- Erika Michelle Landin, American actress and former pilates instructor
- Maxime Landin (b. 1855), French sports shooter who competed in the 1912 Summer Olympics
- Daniel Landin BSC (b. 1962), British cinematographer
- Peter John Landin (1930-2009), British computer scientist who determined that lambda calculus could be used to model a programming language
- Luis Ángel Landín Cortés (b. 1985), Mexican footballer
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm