landi History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the landi family
The surname landi was first found in Florence (Italian: Firenze), originally the capital of Tuscany, then capital of the kingdom of Italy. On the River Arno there are numerous Florentine Churches, Museums, Galleries. It dates back to 313 A.D. The history is complex and turbulent. The de' Medici family are the notables. They were expelled in 1494 but they returned in 1512, out in 1527 and then returned. In those ancient times only persons of rank, the podesta, clergy, city officials, army officers, artists, landowners were entered into the records. To be recorded at this time, at the beginning of recorded history, was of itself a great distinction and indicative of noble ancestry.
Important Dates for the landi family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our landi research. Another 117 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1235, 1432, 1559, 1422, 1312, 1314, 1354, 1447, 1500, 1587, 1639, 1682 and 1757 are included under the topic Early landi History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
landi Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Landi, Lando, Lanni, Lanno, Landini, Lannino, Landucci, Landuzzi, Landoni, Landone, Lande, Landy and many more.
Early Notables of the landi family (pre 1700)
Prominent among members of the family was Lord Ubertino Landi (1312-1314), a royal line of Italy, House of Landi; Ruffino Landi (1354-) who received a Mantova from Emperor Charles IV; Neroccio di Bartolomeo de' Landi...
Another 34 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early landi Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the landi family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Alice Lande, who came to Virginia in 1671; Ana Landri, who came to New Orleans in 1767; Fermin Landri, who settled in New Orleans in 1767; Jacinto Landri, who settled in New Orleans in 1767.
Contemporary Notables of the name landi (post 1700)
- P. Vincent Landi, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York, 1950 (14th District), 1952 (13th District)
- Roberto Landi (b. 1956), Italian association football manager
- Aldo Bufi Landi (b. 1923), Italian film actor who has appeared in 96 films since 1947
- Mario Landi (1920-1992), Italian director
- Marcello Landi (1916-1993), Italian painter and poet
- Bruno Landi (1900-1968), Italian operatic tenor
- Gaspare Landi (1756-1830), Italian painter of the Neoclassic period, active in Rome
- Antonio Landi (1725-1783), Italian poet, writer and dramatist
- Giuseppe Antonio Landi (1713-1791), Italian neoclassical architect and painter of quadratura
- Elissa Landi (1904-1948), Born Elisabeth Marie Christine Kühnelt, Italian born actress who was popular in Hollywood films of the 1920s and 1930s
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)