lahr History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the lahr family
The surname lahr was first found in the Rhineland, where this family was a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always influential in social affairs, the name Laarmann became an integral part of that turbulent region as it forged alliances with other families within the region and the nation.
Early History of the lahr family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our lahr research. Another 90 words (6 lines of text) are included under the topic Early lahr History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
lahr Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Laarmann, van der Laar, van Laer, von Lahr, Lahrbusch, Lahrmann, Larman, Laarman, Lehr, Lehrman, von Lehr, Laerman, Laermann, Laer, Lahr and many more.
Early Notables of the lahr family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early lahr Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the lahr family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Anna Maria Lohrmann, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1731; Henrich Laer, who came to Pennsylvania in 1749; Andreas Lohrman, who settled in Philadelphia in 1753.
Contemporary Notables of the name lahr (post 1700) +
- Warren Lahr (1923-1969), former professional American Football player
- Jane Lahr, American author
- John Lahr (b. 1941), American theater critic and the son of actor Bert Lahr
- Bert Lahr (1895-1967), American comic actor remembered today for his roles as the Cowardly Lion and the farmworker Zeke in the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz
- Richard G. Lahr, American politician, Candidate for Mayor of Des Peres, Missouri 
- Frederic W. Lahr, American Republican politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from New York 11th District, 1924; Member of New York Republican State Committee, 1936 
- Mrs. Bell Lahr, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Oklahoma, 1924 
- Barbara Lahr (b. 1957), German singer, composer, bassist, guitarist and producer
- Charles Lahr (1885-1971), German-born anarchist, London bookseller and publisher
- Tom Learoyd Lahr (b. 1985), Australian professional rugby league footballer
Related Stories +