Kutzer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The distinguished and ancient German surname Kutzer is derived from the High German word "Kutsche," itself derived from the Hungarian "kocsi," meaning "coach." It is likely that the progenitor of the name was a coach driver.
Early Origins of the Kutzer family
The surname Kutzer was first found in Munich, where several notable branches of the Kutzer family were already beginning to emerge. The written history of the surname dates back to 1482, when Niclas and Wilhelm Kutzer were registered as citizens of Bavaria in 1482. The young Kutzer family played a crucial role in the early history of the region, and contributed greatly to the development of medieval Bavarian society.
Early History of the Kutzer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kutzer research. Another 197 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1698, 1709, 1714, 1717, and 1732 are included under the topic Early Kutzer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kutzer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kutzer, Kützer, Kotzer, Kötzer, Kuzer and many more.
Early Notables of the Kutzer family (pre 1700)
Another 42 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kutzer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kutzer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kutzer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Friderike Emilie A. Kutzer, who settled in America in 1843
- Johann Wilhelm Kutzer, who landed in America in 1843 
- Jos Kutzer, who arrived in New York in 1875
Contemporary Notables of the name Kutzer (post 1700) +
- Andreas Kutzer (b. 1872), German violin maker
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)