Kunert History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Kunert family
The surname Kunert was first found in Schleswig, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. The name was most likely formed from Kunrat, the popular first name of a number of medieval German Kaisers. Individual bearers of this name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Hans Kunat of Goerlitz (c.1417,) and P. Kunet of Liegnitz (c.1491).
Early History of the Kunert family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kunert research.Another 172 words (12 lines of text) covering the years 1790 and 1857 are included under the topic Early Kunert History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kunert Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Kuhnert, Kuehnert, Kunert, Kuenert, Kunat, Kunart, Kunet, Kunath, Kuhnat, Kunadt (Leipzig and many more.
Early Notables of the Kunert family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kunert Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kunert family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Jacob Kuhnert, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1738; a family by the name of Kuhnert, with two children, arrived in New Orleans in 1838; Anna Rosina Kuhnert sailed to America in 1839.
Contemporary Notables of the name Kunert (post 1700)
- Gerhard Kunert (1920-1944), German Unteroffizier in World War II, recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Timo Kunert (b. 1987), German footballer
- Joachim Kunert (b. 1929), German film director and screenwriter who has directed more that 20 films since 1954
- Heinz Kunert (1927-2012), German engineer and inventor of the first defogger for automobiles
- Günter Kunert (b. 1929), German writer
- Gunther Kunert, German author
- Andrzej Kunert (b. 1952), Polish historian and lecturer
Kunert Family Crest Products