Kummerle History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Kummerle surname comes from the Middle High German "kummer," or "kumber," meaning "grief," "distress," or "trouble;" as such, it may have evolved from a nickname for someone who had suffered a loss or misfortune. "Kummer" is also slang word for a penitentiary, and it is possible that in some instances the surname may have arisen as nickname for a prisoner or jailer. There are also places named Kummer in Germany.
Early Origins of the Kummerle family
The surname Kummerle was first found in Augsburg, an imperial free city in Southern Germany, where an Ulrich Chumber was found in 1288.
Important Dates for the Kummerle family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kummerle research. Another 24 words (2 lines of text) covering the years 1329, 1780, 1797, 1852, 1864, and 1879 are included under the topic Early Kummerle History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kummerle Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kummer, Kummerling, Kummerle, Kimmerle and many more.
Early Notables of the Kummerle family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kummerle Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kummerle migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kummerle Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Jacob Kummerle, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- Albrecht Kummerle, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1772 
Kummerle Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Gabr Kummerle, aged 31, who arrived in New York in 1854 
Kummerle Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Wilhelmine Kummerle, aged 20, who immigrated to the United States from Bonn, Germany, in 1912
- Hans Kummerle, aged 4, who landed in America from Dettenhausen, Germany, in 1923
- Karoline Kummerle, aged 23, who immigrated to America from Nenfurstenhutte, Germany, in 1923
- Pauline Kummerle, aged 29, who landed in America from Dettenhausen, Germany, in 1923
Contemporary Notables of the name Kummerle (post 1700)
- Michael Kümmerle (b. 1979), German footballer
- Michael Kümmerle (b. 1979), German, professional football player
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)