Kuehner History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kuehner family
The surname Kuehner was first found in Schleswig, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. The name was most likely formed from Kunrat, the popular first name of a number of medieval German Kaisers. Individual bearers of this name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Hans Kunat of Goerlitz (c.1417,) and P. Kunet of Liegnitz (c.1491).
Early History of the Kuehner family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kuehner research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1790 and 1857 are included under the topic Early Kuehner History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kuehner Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kuhnert, Kuehnert, Kunert, Kuenert, Kunat, Kunart, Kunet, Kunath, Kuhnat, Kunadt (Leipzig and many more.
Early Notables of the Kuehner family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kuehner Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Kuehner is the 14,857th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Kuehner migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kuehner Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Maria Kuehner, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1754 
Kuehner Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Doratte Kuehner, aged 28, who arrived in America from Bremen, Germany, in 1908
- Selma Kuehner, aged 8, who arrived in America from Bremen, Germany, in 1908
- Mathilde Kuehner, aged 29, who arrived in America from Schweitzingen, Germany, in 1923
- Dorothea Kuehner, aged 4, who arrived in America from Schweitzingen, Germany, in 1923
- Emil Kuehner, aged 24, who arrived in America from Zuzenhausen, Germany, in 1923
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Kuehner (post 1700) +
- Raphael Kühner (1802-1878), German classical scholar
- Jochen Kühner (b. 1980), German two-time gold and silver medalist rower, twin brother of Martin Kühner
- Martin Kühner (b. 1980), German two-time gold medalist rower, twin brother of Jochen
- Robert Kühner (1903-1996), French mycologist
- Herbert "Harry" Kuhner (b. 1935), Austrian writer and translator
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)