Kuczynski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Kuczynski surname is thought to be derived from the Polish root word "kacz," which means "to overturn."
Early Origins of the Kuczynski family
The surname Kuczynski was first found in Poland where bearers of this name and their ancestors have been living since ancient times.
Important Dates for the Kuczynski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kuczynski research. Another 120 words (9 lines of text) covering the years 1600, 1648, 1674, 1676, and 1778 are included under the topic Early Kuczynski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kuczynski Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kaczenski, Kaczynski, Kaczyn, Kaczynowski and others.
Early Notables of the Kuczynski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kuczynski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kuczynski family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Adam Kaczynski, who arrived in Boston in 1910; Antonina Kaczynski, who was recorded in the 1910 census of Maryland; Jacob Kaczynski, who was recorded in the 1910 census of Maryland.
Contemporary Notables of the name Kuczynski (post 1700)
- Bernard Carl "Bert" Kuczynski (1920-1997), American Major League Baseball pitcher for the Philadelphia Athletics and American NFL football tight end
- John Kuczynski (b. 1973), American professional darts player
- Pavel Kuczynski (1846-1897), Polish composer
- Robert Kuczynski (b. 1966), Polish Grandmaster chess player who won the Polish Chess Championship in 1987
- Kamil Kuczynski (b. 1985), Polish cyclist at the 2008 and 2010 Summer Olympics
- Alexandra Louise Kuczynski (b. 1967), Peruvian-born, reporter for the New York Times
- Ursula Ruth Kuczynski (1907-2000), German author and spy who worked for the Soviet Union
- Pedro Pablo Kuczynski Godard (b. 1938), Peruvian public administrator, economist, and politician, Prime Minister of Peru (2005-2006), Minister of Economy and Finance of Peru (2001-2002)
- Jürgen Kuczynski (1904-1997), German economist
- Robert René "René" Kuczynski (1876-1947), German-based, Jewish economist and demographer who many claim is one of the founders of modern vital statistics, father of Jürgen Kuczynski