Krueger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony, where the distinguished surname Krueger arose, is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Early Origins of the Krueger family
The surname Krueger was first found in Saxony, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The family founded numerous branches, many of which acquired manors and estates in surrounding regions, where they contributed to the prosperity of their society.
Early History of the Krueger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Krueger research. Another 222 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1465, 1580, 1639, 1598, 1662, 1776 and 1841 are included under the topic Early Krueger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Krueger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Krueger, Kruger, Krüger, Krugger, Cruger, Crugger, Crueger, Kruge, Cruge, Kruege, Krug, Krueg, Krugg, Crug, Crueg, Crugg, Krugler, Kruegler, Krugel, Kruegel, Kruegeli, Krugeli and many more.
Early Notables of the Krueger family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Krueger at this time were Peter Krüger or Peter Crüger (1580-1639), German mathematician, astronomer and polymath; Johann Crüger (1598-1662), a German composer of well-known hymns; Bartholomaeus Krueger, a 16th century...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Krueger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Krueger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Krueger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Georg Krueger, who settled in America in 1776
- Johann Krueger, who arrived in Long Island in 1781 
Krueger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Frederick Frederick Krueger, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1839 
- Dirke Krueger, who landed in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1839 
- Dorothea Krueger, who arrived in New York in 1850 
- F G Krueger, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
- Ferdinand Krueger, who arrived in Galveston, Tex in 1850 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Krueger Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Gustaf Theodore Reinhold Krueger, who arrived in Wisconsin in 1920 
Krueger migration to Canada +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Krueger Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Bertha Krueger, aged 18, who arrived in Halifax, Nova Scotia in 1855
Contemporary Notables of the name Krueger (post 1700) +
- Phil Krueger (1929-2020), American football player, coach, and executive
- General Walter Krueger (1881-1967), American Commanding General 3rd Army (1941-1943) 
- Maynard C. Krueger (1906-1991), American economics professor at the University of Chicago
- Walter Krueger (1881-1967), German-American soldier and general, commander of the U.S. Sixth Army in the South West Pacific Area during World War II
- F. F. Krueger, American politician, Member of South Dakota State Senate 16th District, 1907-08 
- Douglas Dean Krueger, American politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for Arkansas, 2000 
- David Eugene Krueger, American Republican politician, Candidate for New York State Senate 11th District, 1940 
- Clifford W. Krueger (b. 1918), American Republican politician, Member of Wisconsin State Senate, 1947-54, 1957-82 (25th District 1947-54, 12th District 1957-82) 
- Chip Krueger, American Democrat politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Texas, 1952 
- Carl H. Krueger, American Republican politician, Candidate for Wisconsin State Assembly from Milwaukee County 10th District, 1956 
- ... (Another 27 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Historic Events for the Krueger family +
- Klaus Krueger (1908-1941), German Kapitänleutnant who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
Suggested Readings for the name Krueger +
- 801 Krueger Kin and Related Families by Bernadette Durben Bittner, Our Four Families by Evelyn A. Krueger.
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ Generals of World War II. (Retrieved 2012, April 2) Walter Krueger. Retrieved from http://generals.dk/general/Krueger/Walter/USA.html
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details