Kron History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Kron surname is derived from the Middle High German words "kran," or " kron," meaning "crane;" as a name, Kron most likely evolved from a nickname, perhaps for a tall, thin crane-like person.
Early Origins of the Kron family
The surname Kron was first found in Prussia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Many prominent branches of the family would strive to make this name renowned as they contributed to the social, economic and political affairs of the region.
Early History of the Kron family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kron research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1297, 1618, and 1819 are included under the topic Early Kron History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kron Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Krohn, Krohfoth, Kronsbein, Kron, Cron, Krohne, Crohn, Krone Kroene and many more.
Early Notables of the Kron family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Kron during this time period were J. Cron, who was recorded in Hamburg in 1297. This is a particularly important record as surnames in German states were in...
Another 33 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kron Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kron migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kron Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Jacob Kron, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1741 
- Henrich Kron, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1748 
- Matheis Kron, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1752 
Kron Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Auguste Kron, aged 26, who landed in New Orleans, La in 1845 
- Margareta Jonsdotter Kron, aged 16, who landed in New York in 1849 
- Charles F Kron, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kron (post 1700) +
- Gabriel Kron (1901-1968), American considered an unconventional and somewhat controversial engineer who worked for General Electric
- Thomas M. "Tommy" Kron (1943-2007), American former professional basketball player
- Elizabeth S. "Lisa" Kron (b. 1961), American actress and playwright
- Ole Kron (b. 1847), American politician, Prohibition Candidate for Lieutenant Governor of Minnesota, 1892 
- Otto Wilhelm Kron, German Obersturmbannführer (Lieutenant Colonel) in the Waffen SS during World War II
- Claudio Kron (b. 1971), Brazilian percussionist, dancer, capoeirista and executive producer
- Robert Kron (b. 1967), retired Czech professional ice hockey centre
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html