Kroeger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony, where the distinguished surname Kroeger arose, is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Early Origins of the Kroeger family
The surname Kroeger was first found in Saxony, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The family founded numerous branches, many of which acquired manors and estates in surrounding regions, where they contributed to the prosperity of their society.
Early History of the Kroeger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kroeger research. Another 222 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1465, 1580, 1639, 1598, 1662, 1776 and 1841 are included under the topic Early Kroeger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kroeger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Krueger, Kruger, Krüger, Krugger, Cruger, Crugger, Crueger, Kruge, Cruge, Kruege, Krug, Krueg, Krugg, Crug, Crueg, Crugg, Krugler, Kruegler, Krugel, Kruegel, Kruegeli, Krugeli and many more.
Early Notables of the Kroeger family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Kroeger at this time were Peter Krüger or Peter Crüger (1580-1639), German mathematician, astronomer and polymath; Johann Crüger (1598-1662), a German composer of well-known hymns; Bartholomaeus Krueger, a 16th century...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kroeger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kroeger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kroeger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J F Kroeger, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Johann Kroeger, who arrived in New York in 1850 
- Johann Heinrich Kroeger, who landed in Cincinnati, Oh in 1869-1870 
- B Kroeger, who landed in Cincinnati, Oh in 1869-1870 
- John Kroeger, who landed in Arkansas in 1882 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kroeger (post 1700) +
- Karl Kroeger (b. 1932), American composer and professor of music
- Gary Kroeger (b. 1957), American actor, cast member on Saturday Night Live from 1982 to 1985
- Berry Kroeger (1912-1991), American film, television, and stage actor, best known for his many roles as villains, guest starred on seven episodes of Perry Mason
- William Kroeger Jr., American politician, Mayor of Fullerton, California, 1956-58 
- Herman Kroeger, American politician, Member of Wisconsin State Senate, 1889-91 
- Henry Kroeger (1917-1987), Canadian politician from Alberta, Minister of Transportation (1979 to 1982)
- Chad Robert Kroeger (b. 1974), Canadian songwriter, lead vocalist and guitarist for the Canadian rock band Nickelback
- Arthur Kroeger CC (1932-2008), Canadian Rhodes Scholar, academic, and civil servant
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html