Kritzer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German surname Kritzer is derived from the Old German word "Kretscham," meaning "inn." The name was most likely first borne by an innkeeper.
Early Origins of the Kritzer family
The surname Kritzer was first found in Saxony, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. The earliest recorded bearer was Henczel Kreczmar, who lived in Jitschin in 1363.
Early History of the Kritzer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kritzer research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1730, 1793, and 1867 are included under the topic Early Kritzer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kritzer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kartschner, Kartschmer, Kretschmar, Karczmar, Karczmarski, Karczmarek, Kretzschmer, Kretchmann, Kretschmeyer, Kartschmeyer, Kartchmann, Karstener, Creekmore, Kretschmer, Kretzchmar, Cretschemer, Kreczmer and many more.
Early Notables of the Kritzer family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kritzer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kritzer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kritzer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Baltzer Kritzer, aged 37, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1738 
- John Melchior Kritzer, aged 46, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1748 
Kritzer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Josefine Kritzer, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States from Germany, in 1892
- Esther Kritzer, aged 4, who landed in America, in 1895
- E. Kritzer, aged 31, who immigrated to the United States, in 1897
Kritzer Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Malie Kritzer, aged 4, who landed in America from Tarnow, Austria, in 1908
- Feige Kritzer, aged 24, who immigrated to America from Tarnow, Austria, in 1908
- Chonin Kritzer, aged 17, who immigrated to the United States from Rudnik, Austria, in 1909
- Anna Kritzer, aged 17, who settled in America from Slowita, Austria, in 1911
- Brane Kritzer, aged 48, who landed in America from Podhajce, Austria, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Kritzer (post 1700) +
- Leslie Kritzer (1977-2008), American 2008 Drama Desk Award nominated Broadway actress
- Rose Kritzer, American politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly from Kings County 16th District, 1921 
- Harry Kritzer, American politician, Candidate for New York State Assembly, 1922 (Kings County 10th District), 1928 (Kings County 11th District), 1932 (Kings County 6th District) 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html