Kretzer History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German surname Kretzer is derived from the Old German word "Kretscham," meaning "inn." The name was most likely first borne by an innkeeper.
Early Origins of the Kretzer family
The surname Kretzer was first found in Saxony, where the name came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as many branches of the same house acquired distant estates and branches, some in foreign countries, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. The earliest recorded bearer was Henczel Kreczmar, who lived in Jitschin in 1363.
Early History of the Kretzer family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kretzer research. Another 97 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1730, 1793, and 1867 are included under the topic Early Kretzer History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kretzer Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kartschner, Kartschmer, Kretschmar, Karczmar, Karczmarski, Karczmarek, Kretzschmer, Kretchmann, Kretschmeyer, Kartschmeyer, Kartchmann, Karstener, Creekmore, Kretschmer, Kretzchmar, Cretschemer, Kreczmer and many more.
Early Notables of the Kretzer family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kretzer Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kretzer migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kretzer Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Leonh Kretzer, who arrived in America in 1766 
Kretzer Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Christian Theodore Kretzer, aged 31, who landed in Missouri in 1840 
- Heinr Kretzer, who arrived in America in 1852 
- Konr Kretzer, who landed in America in 1854 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kretzer (post 1700) +
- Conrad Kretzer, American Democrat politician, Independent Democratic Candidate for Connecticut State House of Representatives from Groton, 1912 
- Bernd Kretzer (b. 1984), German sound engineer, best known for his work on The NeverEnding Story
- Joachim Kretzer (b. 1968), German actor, best known for his role in the television series Rote Rosen
- Marcus Kretzer (b. 1965), German pianist and music teacher, recipient of many awards including 1995: 1st prize at the International Piano Competition, 1994: 1st prize at the International Piano Competition and many more
- Max Kretzer (1854-1941), Prussian television writer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html