The Krenz surname comes from the Old High German "cranz" meaning "garland" or "wreath," and was most likely originally an occupational
name for a wreath maker.
Early Origins of the Krenz family
The surname Krenz was first found in various parts of the Holy Roman Empire
. There is a reference from the year 1308 of Berthold Krantz, who was then serving as "Ratsherr" (councilor) in the city of Strassburg. A Johan Crenzelin is on record in 1288 in Worms and a bearer of Krenzelmacherin is on record in Prague in 1403.
Early History of the Krenz family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Krenz research.Another 106 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1583 is included under the topic Early Krenz History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Krenz Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Kranz, Kranze, Krantz, Kranzler, Kranzlbinder, Kranzberg, Kranzle, Krenzel, Krenzle, Kräntz, Kränzler, Kränzle, Kränzel, Kränzl, Crenzelin, Kranzbuhler, Kranzbühler and many more.
Early Notables of the Krenz family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Krenz Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Krenz family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Krenz Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Bertha Krenz, aged 26, who settled in America, in 1892
Krenz Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Emma Krenz, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Lindonwerder, Germany, in 1907
- Gertrud Krenz, aged 21, who landed in America from Radebeul, Germany, in 1909
- Christian Krenz, aged 17, who landed in America from Zarainencz, Russia, in 1909
- Anna Krenz, aged 29, who landed in America from Kolmar, Germany, in 1911
- Antal Krenz, aged 30, who emigrated to the United States from Szecten, Hungary, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Krenz (post 1700)
- Egon Krenz (b. 1937), former politician from East Germany
- Katarzyna Krenz (b. 1953), Polish writer, poet and painter
- Jacek Krenz (b. 1948), Polish academic architect and painter