Kreeger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The German state of Saxony, where the distinguished surname Kreeger arose, is renowned for both its beauty, industry, and economic power. However, in the medieval era, Germany was fragmented and inhabited by numerous Barbarian tribes, who fought amongst themselves for control of the land. The ancient dukedom of Saxony derived its name from the Germanic tribe name the Saxons who inhabited the territory after the fall of the Roman Empire.
Early Origins of the Kreeger family
The surname Kreeger was first found in Saxony, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The family founded numerous branches, many of which acquired manors and estates in surrounding regions, where they contributed to the prosperity of their society.
Early History of the Kreeger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kreeger research. Another 222 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1465, 1580, 1639, 1598, 1662, 1776 and 1841 are included under the topic Early Kreeger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kreeger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Krueger, Kruger, Krüger, Krugger, Cruger, Crugger, Crueger, Kruge, Cruge, Kruege, Krug, Krueg, Krugg, Crug, Crueg, Crugg, Krugler, Kruegler, Krugel, Kruegel, Kruegeli, Krugeli and many more.
Early Notables of the Kreeger family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Kreeger at this time were Peter Krüger or Peter Crüger (1580-1639), German mathematician, astronomer and polymath; Johann Crüger (1598-1662), a German composer of well-known hymns; Bartholomaeus Krueger, a 16th century...
Another 35 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kreeger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kreeger migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kreeger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Michael Kreeger, who settled in Philadelphia in 1738
Kreeger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Julins Kreeger, who landed in Texas in 1850-1906 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kreeger (post 1700) +
- Joseph Kreeger, American Democrat politician, Postmaster at Elgin, Illinois, 1933-48 (acting, 1933-34) 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html