Krabbe History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Krabbe family
The surname Krabbe was first found in Hamburg, where the name contributed greatly to the development of an emerging nation which would later play a large role in the tribal and national conflicts of the area. In later years the name branched into many houses, each playing a significant role in the local social and political affairs. Krabbe is also connected to several place names in the Holstein region.
Early History of the Krabbe family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Krabbe research. Another 96 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1779, 1666, 1711, 1700, 1480 and 1553 are included under the topic Early Krabbe History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Krabbe Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Krabbe, Krabe, Krabbes, Krabbs, Krabes, Kraabbez, Krrabbe, Kraabbes, Kraabbese, Krabbese, Krabee, Krabees, Crabbe, Crabb, Grabb and many more.
Early Notables of the Krabbe family (pre 1700)
Notables of the time included John Ernest Grabe (1666-1711), Anglican divine, was born at Königsberg, who went to England where he settled in Oxford, was ordained in 1700, and became chaplain of...
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Krabbe Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Krabbe migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Krabbe Settlers in United States in the 17th Century
- Gosta Persson Krabbe, who settled in Delaware Bay or River in 1649
- Gosta Parsson Krabbe, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1649 
Krabbe Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Elizabeth Krabbe, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1773
Krabbe Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Wilh Krabbe, who landed in North America in 1832-1849 
- Gerh Heinr Krabbe, who arrived in America in 1846 
- M Cath Krabbe, who arrived in Ohio in 1849 
Contemporary Notables of the name Krabbe (post 1700) +
- Niels Kaare Krabbe (b. 1951), German ornithologist and bird conservationist
- Katrin Krabbe (b. 1969), former East German female athlete in the 1988 Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea
- Nikolay Karlovich Krabbe (1814-1876), Russian admiral of the Russian Imperial Navy
- Maarten Krabbé (1908-2005), Dutch painter and art educator
- Frederik Krabbe (b. 1988), Danish professional football player
- Knud Haraldsen Krabbe (1885-1965), Danish neurologist, eponym of Krabbe disease
- Tim Krabbé (b. 1943), Dutch journalist and novelist
- Jeroen Krabbé (b. 1944), Dutch actor and film director
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)