Koth History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Koth family
The surname Koth was first found in Prussia, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation.
Early History of the Koth family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koth research. Another 109 words (8 lines of text) covering the year 1857 is included under the topic Early Koth History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koth Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Köthe, Koeth, Kothe, Koth, Koethe, Köth, Dael, Kothmann and many more.
Early Notables of the Koth family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Koth Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koth migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koth Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- John Wilhm Koth, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1803 
- J F H Koth, who landed in New York, NY in 1850 
- Joachim Koth, who arrived in Texas in 1852 
- Johann Koth, aged 21, who landed in New York, NY in 1878 
- Friedrich Koth, aged 63, who arrived in New York, NY in 1878 
Contemporary Notables of the name Koth (post 1700) +
- Ervin A. Koth, American politician, Candidate for Wisconsin State Senate 5th District, 1942
- Erika Köth (1927-1989), German soprano, opera singer
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)