on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Koop was first found in East Prussia
, where the name Koop came from humble beginnings but gained a significant reputation for its contribution to the emerging mediaeval society. It later became more prominent as numerous branches of the same house acquired distant estates, some of which were located in other countries. Through the acquisition of these estates as well as their important contributions to society, the family successfully elevated their social status.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Koop, Koope, Kope, Kop, Khoop, Koope, Khoope and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koop research. Another 227 words (16 lines of text) covering the year 1786 is included under the topic Early Koop History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Koop Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koop Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Georg Koop, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1750
Koop Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Johann Berend Koop, aged 46, landed in America in 1831
- Berend Heinrich Koop, who came to America in 1831
- Georg Adolpf Koop, who landed in North America in 1837
- Johann Michael Koop, who arrived in North America in 1837
- Michael Koop, who landed in North America in 1837
Koop Settlers in Canada in the 19th Century
- Johan Koop, who landed in Manitoba in 1874
- Michael Koop, American Republican politician, Presidential Elector for Missouri, 2012
- K. Bruce Koop, American Libertarian politician, Candidate for Texas State House of Representatives 108th District, 1994
- George Koop, American politician, Delegate to Socialist National Convention from Illinois, 1920; Candidate for U.S. Senator from Illinois, 1924, 1930; Candidate for U.S. Representative from Illinois at-large, 1926, 1932
- Dr. Charles Everett Koop (b. 1916), Surgeon General of the United States from 1982-1989 and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Wanda Koop CM, Canadian painter, member of the Order of Canada in 2005
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Haverkamp, Alfred. Medieval Germany 1056-1273 2nd edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1988. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. Pennsylvania German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Göbel, Otto. Niederdeutsche Familiennamen der Gegenwart Wolfshagen-Schäbentz. Franz: Westphal, 1936. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans and Edda Gentry. Translation Dictionary of German Names 2nd Edition. Madison: University of Wisconsin, 2002. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
The Koop Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Koop Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 12 January 2016 at 13:02.
on orders of $85 or more