Konrad History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The origin of the proud surname Konrad can be traced to the historic kingdom of Bohemia, which is now part of Czechoslovakia. German surnames developed at a time when most of Bohemia, and most of the German provinces, were states of the Holy Roman Empire. At first people used only a single name, but as the population grew and people began to travel, they began to find it necessary to take on an additional name to differentiate themselves. The surname Konrad originates from the Old German emperor's name, Kunrad, meaning "kuehn im Rat" (bold in counsel).
Early Origins of the Konrad family
The surname Konrad was first found in Bohemia, where the family is considered to have made a great early contribution to the feudal society which became the backbone of early development of Europe. The family became prominent in local affairs and branched into many houses which played important roles in the savage tribal and national conflicts, each group seeking power and status in an ever changing territorial profile. The name originates from the Old German emperor's name, Kunrad, meaning "kuehn im Rat" (bold in counsel).
Early History of the Konrad family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Konrad research. Another 222 words (16 lines of text) covering the years 1696, 1711, 1800, 1815, 1821, and 1873 are included under the topic Early Konrad History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Konrad Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Conrad, Konrad, Kunrad, Kunrads, Kunrath, Konrath, Conrath, Konradt, Conradt, Cunrad, Cunrads, Cunrath, Conradi, Conraad, Konraad, Konrads, Conrads, Conraed, Conrade, Konrade, Konraed, Konrat, Conrat, Conratty, Conratt, Conred, Konred, Coonrod (Dutch) and many more.
Early Notables of the Konrad family (pre 1700)
During this early period, notable bearers of the name Konrad included Carl Signified Kunrad von Loewenthal, who was a prominent and honored Bohemian knight. He was granted the knighthood...
Another 29 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Konrad Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Konrad is the 9,114th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Konrad migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Konrad Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johann Friedrich Konrad, who landed in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Johannes Konrad, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1751 
Konrad Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anton Konrad, who arrived in America in 1850 
- Jacob Konrad, aged 51, who arrived in New York, NY in 1851 
- Ludwig Konrad, aged 12, who arrived in New York, NY in 1851 
- Maria Konrad, aged 9, who landed in New York, NY in 1851 
- Minna Konrad, aged 47, who arrived in New York, NY in 1851 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Konrad (post 1700) +
- Jeffrey Konrad, American songwriter, record producer and musician
- Rob Konrad (b. 1976), American businessman and former NFL football fullback who played from 1999 to 2005, current CEO of Alterna Wealth Management
- William G. Konrad, American Democratic Party politician, Chair of Kane County Democratic Party, 1950 
- William A. Konrad, American politician, Mayor of Boca Raton, Florida, 1981-87 
- Richard Konrad, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for U.S. Representative from Texas 22nd District, 1992 
- Christoph Konrad (b. 1957), German politician, Member of the European Parliament (1994-2009)
- Franz Konrad von Rodt (1706-1775), Bishop of Constance
- Otto Konrad (b. 1964), retired Austrian football goalkeeper
- György "George" Konrád (b. 1933), Hungarian novelist and essayist
- Franz Konrad (b. 1951), Austrian former racing driver turned team owner of Konrad Motorsport, German Formula Three champion in 1983
- ... (Another 1 notables are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Historic Events for the Konrad family +
- Walter Konrad (1919-1941), German Maschienmaat who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
- Johann Konrad (1921-1941), German Funkgefreiter who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2016, January 12) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- ^ Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details