Kollar History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The ancient and distinguished surname Kollar is of German origin. The name is derived from the Alemmanic word "Kohler," meaning "charcoal burner," and was most likely originally borne by a practitioner of this occupation.
Early Origins of the Kollar family
The surname Kollar was first found in Saxony, where the family rose to prominence early in the mediaeval era. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of what would become the German nation.
Important Dates for the Kollar family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kollar research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1569, 1719, 1602, 1658, 1719 and 1800 are included under the topic Early Kollar History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kollar Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kohler, Koehler, Koler, Kolar, Koller, Kollar, Koeler, Koelar, Koelle, Koeller, Koellar, Koellner, Koelner, Coler, Cohler, Coeler and many more.
Early Notables of the Kollar family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kollar Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kollar migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kollar Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Kollar, aged 30, who landed in Missouri in 1848 
- Charles Kollar, who arrived in Colorado in 1884 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kollar (post 1700)
- William Wallace "Bill" Kollar (b. 1952), American college and NFL football coach and former player
- Sebastian Kollar (b. 1987), Swiss football defender
- Andrej Kollár (b. 1977), former Slovak professional ice hockey player
- Ján Kollár (1793-1852), Slovak poet, archaeologist, scientist, politician, and main ideologist of Pan-Slavism
- Vincenz Kollar (1797-1860), Austrian entomologist
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)