Koll History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The ancient and distinguished surname Koll is of German origin. The name is derived from the Alemmanic word "Kohler," meaning "charcoal burner," and was most likely originally borne by a practitioner of this occupation.
Early Origins of the Koll family
The surname Koll was first found in Saxony, where the family rose to prominence early in the mediaeval era. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of what would become the German nation.
Early History of the Koll family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koll research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1569, 1719, 1602, 1658, 1719 and 1800 are included under the topic Early Koll History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koll Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kohler, Koehler, Koler, Kolar, Koller, Kollar, Koeler, Koelar, Koelle, Koeller, Koellar, Koellner, Koelner, Coler, Cohler, Coeler and many more.
Early Notables of the Koll family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Koll Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koll migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koll Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Frans Koll, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Abraham Koll, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1751 
- George Mich'l Koll, who arrived in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1761 
- Gottlieb Koll, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1763 
- John H Koll, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1798 
Koll Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Philip Koll, who arrived in Savanna(h), Georgia in 1823 
- Christian Koll, who landed in North America in 1832-1849 
- F W Koll, who arrived in North America in 1832-1849 
- Joseph Koll, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1856 
- Peter Koll, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Koll (post 1700) +
- Bill Koll (1923-2003), American wrestler at Iowa State Teachers College
- Lisa Koll (b. 1987), American distance runner and four time NCAA Division One Champion
- F. W. Koll, American politician, Member of California State Assembly 5th District, 1854-55 
- Claudia Koll (b. 1965), Italian actress
- Manuel Koll (b. 1987), Austrian national champion figure skater (2007 and 2008)
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html