Kole History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The ancient and distinguished surname Kole is of German origin. The name is derived from the Alemmanic word "Kohler," meaning "charcoal burner," and was most likely originally borne by a practitioner of this occupation.
Early Origins of the Kole family
The surname Kole was first found in Saxony, where the family rose to prominence early in the mediaeval era. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of what would become the German nation.
Early History of the Kole family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kole research. Another 119 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1569, 1719, 1602, 1658, 1719 and 1800 are included under the topic Early Kole History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kole Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kohler, Koehler, Koler, Kolar, Koller, Kollar, Koeler, Koelar, Koelle, Koeller, Koellar, Koellner, Koelner, Coler, Cohler, Coeler and many more.
Early Notables of the Kole family (pre 1700)
Another 37 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kole Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kole migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kole Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Paul Kole, who arrived in New Jersey in 1730 
Kole Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Neeltje Kole, who landed in New York in 1849 
- Heiltje Kole, aged 30, who arrived in New York in 1849 
- Marinus Kole, aged 22, who landed in New York in 1849 
- Michiel Kole, aged 10, who arrived in New York, NY in 1856 
- Janna Kole, aged 11, who landed in New York, NY in 1856 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Kole (post 1700) +
- John Kole, American Democratic Party politician, Candidate for Michigan State House of Representatives from Kalamazoo County 1st District, 1946 
- Jerome C. Kole, American politician, Candidate in primary for Circuit Judge in Michigan 42nd Circuit, 1966 
- Abe Kole, American Democratic Party politician, Delegate to Democratic National Convention from Michigan, 1944 
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html