Koger History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Koger family
The surname Koger was first found in Pomerania, where the family gained a significant reputation for its contributions to the emerging mediaeval society. The name became prominent as many branches of the family founded separate houses and acquired estates in various regions, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Alvericus Keghel of Hamburg (c.1293,) and Eler der Kegheler of Bremen (c.1405).
Early History of the Koger family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koger research. Another 178 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1738, 1805 and 1757 are included under the topic Early Koger History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koger Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kegel, Kegler, Koegel, Kogel, Koegler, Kegele, Kegeler, Koegele, Kogele, Koegeler, Keghel, Kegheler and many more.
Early Notables of the Koger family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Koger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Koger is the 9,015th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
| Koger migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koger Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Koger, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1728 
- Nicklaus Koger, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1732 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Koger (post 1700) ||+|
- Gregory Koger, American political scientist who specializes in the study of filibustering and obstructionism in American legislative bodies
- Kevin Jamaal Koger (b. 1989), American former NFL football tight end, current assistant offensive coach at The University of Tennessee
- William Koger (b. 1962), American professional football player
- Alan Koger (b. 1987), American soccer player
- Earl Koger, American Republican politician, Candidate for Maryland State Senate District 10, 1966; Candidate in primary for Mayor of Baltimore, Maryland, 1987 
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html