Koepp History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Koepp family
The surname Koepp was first found in Saxony, where the name Kopke became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Koepp family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koepp research. Another 105 words (8 lines of text) covering the years 1798 and 1802 are included under the topic Early Koepp History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koepp Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kopke, Kepke, Koepke, Koepcke, Koepp, Kopka and others.
Early Notables of the Koepp family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Koepp Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Koepp is the 13,026th most popular surname with an estimated 2,487 people with that name. 
Koepp migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koepp Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- E W Koepp, who arrived in America in 1881 
- Wilhelm Koepp, who landed in Iowa in 1888 
Contemporary Notables of the name Koepp (post 1700) +
- David Koepp (b. 1963), American screenwriter and film director; as the sixth most successful screenwriter of all time, he has amassed a total gross of over $2.3 billion
- Ewald Koepp Jr., American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Texas, 1988; Presidential Elector for Texas, 1992 
- Volker Koepp (b. 1944), German documentary film producer
- Jean-Pierre Koepp (1934-2010), Luxembourg politician and restaurateur from Holzthum
Related Stories +
- ^ https://namecensus.com/most_common_surnames.htm
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html