Koegel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Koegel family
The surname Koegel was first found in Pomerania, where the family gained a significant reputation for its contributions to the emerging mediaeval society. The name became prominent as many branches of the family founded separate houses and acquired estates in various regions, always elevating their social status by their great contributions to society. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Alvericus Keghel of Hamburg (c.1293,) and Eler der Kegheler of Bremen (c.1405).
Important Dates for the Koegel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Koegel research. Another 178 words (13 lines of text) covering the years 1738, 1757, and 1805 are included under the topic Early Koegel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koegel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kegel, Kegler, Koegel, Kogel, Koegler, Kegele, Kegeler, Koegele, Kogele, Koegeler, Keghel and many more.
Early Notables of the Koegel family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Koegel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Koegel migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Koegel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Joseph Koegel, who landed there in 1836
Contemporary Notables of the name Koegel (post 1700)
- Albert Koegel, German-born, American founder of the Koegel Meat Company is a meat processing, packaging, and distribution company based in Flint Township, Michigan in 1916
- Peter John "Pete" Koegel (b. 1947), American former Major League Baseball first baseman, catcher, and outfielder who played from 1970 to 1972
- Debbie Koegel (b. 1977), American ice dancer
- Arthur Koegel (1889-1974), American bricklayer and politician who served five terms from 1933-1942 as a member of the Wisconsin State Assembly
- Arthur Koegel (1889-1974), American politician, Member of Wisconsin State Assembly from Milwaukee County 7th District, 1931-42 
You May Also Like
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, November 9) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html