Kobel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kobel family
The surname Kobel was first found in Bavaria, where this family name became a prominent contributor to the development of the district from ancient times. Always prominent in social affairs, the name Kobel became an integral part of that turbulent region as it emerged to form alliances with other families within the Feudal System and the nation.
Early History of the Kobel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kobel research. Another 93 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 182 and 1825 are included under the topic Early Kobel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kobel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kobel, Kobell, Kobelle, Kobelt, Kobele, Cobel, Cobbel, Cobbell, Kobbel and many more.
Early Notables of the Kobel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kobel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kobel migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kobel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Jacob Kobel, who settled in New York in 1709
- Jacob Kobel, who arrived in New York, NY in 1710 
- David Kobel, who arrived in America in 1731 
- Jacob Kobel, his wife Anna Maria and two children settled in Pennsylvania in 1731
- Maria Kobel, aged 30, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1731 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Kobel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Cathrine Kobel, aged 62, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- G Michel Kobel, aged 23, who landed in Baltimore, Maryland in 1847 
- Fred Kobel, who arrived in Mississippi in 1876 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kobel (post 1700) +
- Craig Kobel (b. 1982), American football linebacker
- Kevin Richard Kobel (b. 1953), American Major League Baseball pitcher who played from 1973 through 1980
- Dr. Walter Klaus Köbel (1918-1965), German politician, Lord Mayor of Rüsselsheim in 1954
- Stefan Kobel (b. 1974), Swiss silver and three-time bronze medalist beach volleyball player
Related Stories +
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)