Knobel History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Knobel family
The surname Knobel was first found in Bavaria, where the name was anciently associated with the tribal conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. They branched into many houses, and their contributions were sought by many leaders in their search for power.
Early History of the Knobel family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Knobel research. Another 104 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1710, 1756, 1850, and 1866 are included under the topic Early Knobel History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Knobel Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kneubuhl, Knöbel, Kneubel, Knebel, Knobelsdorff, Knobelmann, Knobeler, Knobeln and many more.
Early Notables of the Knobel family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Knobel Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Knobel migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Knobel Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Anna Ursula Frahr Knobel, who settled in Pennsylvania in 1733
- Philip Knobel, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1748 
- Christian Knobel, who arrived in America in 1771
Knobel Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Ernst Wilhelm Knobel, who landed in America in 1840 
- George Werner Knobel, who arrived in Philadelphia in 1847
- David Knobel, who settled in Kansas in 1871
- Gustave Knobel, who arrived in Arkansas in 1877 
- Edward Knobel, who settled in Allegheny Co. Pennsylvania in 1880
|Contemporary Notables of the name Knobel (post 1700) ||+|
- Robert Knobel, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Wyoming, 1964 
- Ralph J. Knobel (b. 1934), American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Nebraska, 2004, 2008 
- Paul Knobel (b. 1948), Australian poet and author
- Daniel Knobel, South African military commander
- Edward Knobel, British business man and amateur astronomer, past President of both the British Astronomical Association and the Royal Astronomical Society
|Historic Events for the Knobel family ||+|
- Hermann Knöbel (1919-1941), German Steuermannsmaat who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details