Klumpp History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Klumpp lie in the former duchy of Swabia. The name is of nickname origin, and means "lump" or "clumsy, crude, fat person." The name was most likely initially bestowed as a nickname on someone who possessed these characteristics, or in an ironic way on someone who possessed the opposite characteristics, and the name then evolved from nickname to surname.
Early Origins of the Klumpp family
The surname Klumpp was first found in Swabia, where it most likely first emerged. The earliest known bearer of the name was Dilmann dictus Clump, who was a resident of the Swabian town of Hargarten in 1297.
Important Dates for the Klumpp family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Klumpp research. Another 103 words (7 lines of text) covering the years 1256, 1297, 1319, 1624, 1785, and 1852 are included under the topic Early Klumpp History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Klumpp Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Klump, Klumpp, Klumb, Klumpb, Klumpf and others.
Early Notables of the Klumpp family (pre 1700)
Another 38 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Klumpp Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Klumpp migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Klumpp Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- David Klumpp, aged 21, who landed in Brazil in 1860 
- Friedrich Wilhelm Klumpp, aged 19, who arrived in Brazil in 1860 
- Georg Klumpp, who landed in Brazil in 1860 
- Jakob Klumpp, who arrived in Brazil in 1860 
- Johann Nikolaus Klumpp, aged 22, who landed in Brazil in 1860 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Klumpp (post 1700)
- Elmer Edward Klumpp (1906-1996), American Major League Baseball catcher
- George L. Klumpp, American politician, Mayor of Sacramento, California, 1946-47 
- Frank J. Klumpp (b. 1867), American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Allegheny County, 1899-1900, 1909 
- Werner Klumpp (b. 1928), German politician, interim Minister-President of the Saarland (1979)
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html