Klop History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Klop family
The surname Klop was first found in Holland, where the name became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. The name was first recorded in Amsterdam, an ancient 13th century town held by the Lords of Amstel. Giesebrecht II built a castle there. Geisbrecht III built the dam to keep out the sea. It is first mentioned in charters of 1275 when Floris IV, the count of Holland granted its charter. It became a city of great mercantile wealth. It holds great treasures of art. In their later history the surname became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into a most influential family. They were originally of Bucquoy in ancient times but when they moved from France and assumed the style of de Klopper. The name also branched into the province of Haarlem.
Early History of the Klop family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Klop research. Another 52 words (4 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Klop History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Klop Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Clopper, de Klopper, Klopper, Klopffer, Kloper and many more.
Early Notables of the Klop family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Klop Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In Netherlands, the name Klop is the 727th most popular surname with an estimated 2,586 people with that name. 
Klop migration to the United States +
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Klop Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Johan Nikel Klop, who settled in America in 1709
- Johan Nickel Klop, who arrived in America sometime between 1709 and 1710
- Johan Nikel Klop, who landed in New York in 1709 
- Peter Klop, who settled in New York in 1710
- Johan Ludwig Klop, who settled in Philadelphia in 1727
Klop Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Adrianna Klop, aged 30, who arrived in New York, NY in 1847 
- Henry Klop, who arrived in Somerset County, Pennsylvania in 1848 
- E Klop, who landed in Iowa in 1856 
Related Stories +
- ^ https://forebears.io/netherlands/surnames
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)