Klier History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The Klier surname may have evolved from the female personal name Klara; or it may have come from the Middle High German and Middle Low German "klar," meaning "pure," or "beautiful."
Early Origins of the Klier family
The surname Klier was first found in Austria, where the name Klier emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. Since the 13th century the surname was closely associated with the social and economic advancements of the territory's feudal society.
Important Dates for the Klier family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Klier research. Another 85 words (6 lines of text) covering the years 1732 and 1867 are included under the topic Early Klier History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Klier Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Claar, Clar, Chlar, Klaar, Klar, Claer, Chlaer, Klaer, Cler, Chler and many more.
Early Notables of the Klier family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Klier Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Klier migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Klier Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jos Klier, who landed in America in 1844-1845 
- Joseph Klier, who arrived in New York, NY in 1854 
- Joh Bap t Klier, who arrived in New York in 1856 
- Georg Klier, aged 19, who landed in America, in 1892
- Catharina Klier, aged 24, who immigrated to the United States, in 1897
Klier Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Johann Klier, aged 12, who landed in America from Schmidthorst, Germany, in 1909
- Julie Klier, aged 35, who settled in America from Schmidthorst, Germany, in 1909
- Babetta Klier, aged 18, who settled in America from Enchenzcuth, Germany, in 1909
- Emma Klier, aged 18, who landed in America from Braunsdorf, Germany, in 1910
- Frantz Klier, aged 21, who immigrated to America from Penzberg, Austria, in 1911
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Contemporary Notables of the name Klier (post 1700)
- John Doyle Klier (1944-2007), American pioneering historian of Russian Jewry and a pivotal figure in academic Jewish studies and East European history
- Cornelia Klier (b. 1957), German Olympic gold medal-winning rower
- Andreas Klier (b. 1976), German professional road bicycle racer
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)