Kitzmiller History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The roots of the distinguished German surname Kitzmiller lie in the kingdom of Bavaria. The name is comprised of two elements: "Kitz," a pet form of the personal name "Gizo," and "miller," the Bavarian form of the German word "müller," meaning "miller." The name Kitzmiller or Kitzmüller was probably originally borne by a miller who was called Kitz.
Early Origins of the Kitzmiller family
The surname Kitzmiller was first found in milling villages, where it is likely that the name first emerged. It is believed that the first bearer of the name Kitzmiller was a miller known as Kitz. The name was then passed down as a hereditary surname, eventually becoming widespread throughout the region of Bavaria. The young Kitzmiller family was instrumental during this early period, playing a major role in the development of medieval Bavarian society.
Early History of the Kitzmiller family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kitzmiller research. Another 95 words (7 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kitzmiller History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kitzmiller Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kitzmiller, Kitzmuller, Kitzmüller, Kitzmann, Kitzele, Kitzeder and many more.
Early Notables of the Kitzmiller family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kitzmiller Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kitzmiller family
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Johannes Kitzmuller, who immigrated to Philadelphia in 1728; Jacob Kitzmiller, a Protestant who was naturalized in Pennsylvania in 1743; Martin Kitzmiller, who was living in Maryland in 1743.
Contemporary Notables of the name Kitzmiller (post 1700) +
- John Kitzmiller (1913-1965), American actor, best known for his role as Quarrel in the 1962 James Bond movie Dr. No
- John Wesley "Dutch" Kitzmiller (1904-1986), American football player and member of the College Football Hall of Fame
- Albanus Blaine Kitzmiller (b. 1884), American psychologist
- Jacob A. Kitzmiller, American Republican politician, Delegate to Republican National Convention from Pennsylvania, 1884 
- David Lloyd Kitzmiller, American Democratic Party politician, Chair of Grant County Democratic Party, 1983 
- Robert Kitzmiller (b. 1952), German professional footballer and coach
Related Stories +