Kirstein History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kirstein family
The surname Kirstein was first found in Prussia and Denmark, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. Kaster is a village in West Flanders, Belgium.
Early History of the Kirstein family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kirstein research. Another 145 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1497, 1735, 1828 and 1832 are included under the topic Early Kirstein History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kirstein Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kesten, Kersten, Kirstein, Kasten, Kistein and many more.
Early Notables of the Kirstein family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kirstein Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
| Kirstein migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kirstein Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Jacob Kirstein, who landed in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1844 
- John Charles Kirstein, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1875 
|Contemporary Notables of the name Kirstein (post 1700) ||+|
- Lincoln Edward Kirstein (1907-1996), American writer, impresario, art connoisseur and recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Rosemary Kirstein, American science fiction writer
- Peter N. Kirstein, American historian, professor of history at Saint Xavier University in Chicago, Illinois
- Michael A. Kirstein, American Democratic Party politician, Alternate Delegate to Democratic National Convention from North Carolina, 1996 
- Louis M. Kirstein, American politician, Mayor of Revere, Massachusetts, 1953 
- Albert F. Kirstein, American politician, Member of New Jersey State House of Assembly from Union County, 1908-09 
- Roland Kirstein (b. 1965), German economist, professor of Business Administration at the Otto-von-Guericke-University in Magdeburg, Germany
- Peter T. Kirstein, British computer scientist
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html