Kicinski History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
Early Origins of the Kicinski family
The surname Kicinski was first found in Stanislawow, a south eastern province of Poland in the Carpathian area. Mostly populated by Ruthenians (70%) there are only 22% Poles, the rest mostly Jews. There are many resorts in this beautiful province and the chief towns are Stanislawow, Stryj, Kolmyja, Kalusz and Halicz, the latter being famous for a line of Russian princes which became extinct in 1340. There are oilfields in the area, and the province is famous for its horses. The surname became noted for its many branches in the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Early History of the Kicinski family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kicinski research.Another 361 words (26 lines of text) covering the years 1550, 1616, 1632, 1697, 1780, 1794, 1797, and 1874 are included under the topic Early Kicinski History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kicinski Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Kinicki, Kioncka, Kionick, Kionka, Kicinski, Kicki and many more.
Early Notables of the Kicinski family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kicinski Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kicinski family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kicinski Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Andrzej Kicinski, aged 31, who arrived in America from Osiek, Russia, in 1906
- Tadeus Kicinski, aged 26, who arrived in America from Stanislaw, Austria, in 1909
- Roman Kicinski, aged 43, who arrived in America from Osick, Russia, in 1911
- Karol Kicinski, aged 26, who arrived in America from Stanislawow, Austria, in 1912
- Felix Kicinski, aged 1, who arrived in America from Orisk, Russia, in 1912
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Kicinski Family Crest Products