on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Kessinger family come from? What is the German Kessinger family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kessinger family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kessinger family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kessinger, Kissinger, Kesinger, Kisinger and many more.
First found in Saxony, where the name Kessinger became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kessinger research. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1 Ap and 1880 are included under the topic Early Kessinger History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kessinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kessinger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anthony Kessinger settled in Mississippi in 1844
- Anthony Kessinger, who arrived in Mississippi in 1844
- Donald Eulon Kessinger (b. 1942), former American professional baseball player and manager
- Kent Kessinger, American football coach and former player, head football at Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas
- Ted Kessinger (b. 1941), former American football coach, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2010, father of Kent Kessinger
- Clark Kessinger (1896-1975), American bluegrass old-time fiddler
- Robert Keith Kessinger (b. 1967), American former Major League Baseball player who played 11 games for the Cincinnati Reds in 1993
- Rietstap, Johannes Baptist. Armorial Général. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Preuss, Otto. Die Lippischen Familiennamen mit Berücksichtigung der Ortsnamen. Detmold: Meyer'sche Hofbuchh, 1887. Print.
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Weis, Frederick Lewis, Walter Lee Sheppard and David Faris. Ancestral Roots of Sixty Colonists Who Came to New England Between 1623 and 1650 7th Edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1992. Print. (ISBN 0806313676).
- Bolton, Charles Knowles. Bolton's American Armory. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1964. Print.
- Samuelsen, W. David. New York City Passenger List Manifests Index 1820 - 1824. North Salt Lake, Utah: Accelerated Indexing Systems International, 1986. Print.
- Gottschald, Max. Deutsche Namenkunde unsere Familiennamen nach ihrer Entstehung und Bedeutung. München: J.F. Lehmanns Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Passenger Lists of Vessels Arriving at Galveston Texas 1896-1951. National Archives Washington DC. Print.
The Kessinger Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kessinger Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 March 2015 at 12:44.
on orders of $85 or more