on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Kessinger was first found in Saxony
, where the name Kessinger became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kessinger, Kissinger, Kesinger, Kisinger and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kessinger research. Another 195 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1 Ap and 1880 are included under the topic Early Kessinger History in all our PDF Extended History products
More information is included under the topic Early Kessinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kessinger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anthony Kessinger settled in Mississippi in 1844
- Anthony Kessinger, who arrived in Mississippi in 1844
- Theron Kessinger, American Republican politician, Candidate for Kentucky State Senate 5th District, 1973
- T. L. Kessinger, American Democrat politician, Member of Virginia State House of Delegates, 1950
- Peggy Kessinger, American Republican politician, Candidate for West Virginia State Senate 9th District, 1958
- James Edward Kessinger, American Democrat politician, Member of West Virginia State House of Delegates from Kanawha County, 1965-66
- Ira D. Kessinger, American Republican politician, Candidate for West Virginia State House of Delegates from Raleigh County, 1966
- David E. Kessinger, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Governor of California, 2003
- Bob Kessinger, American Democrat politician, Candidate in primary for Kentucky State House of Representatives 38th District, 1973
- Augustus C. Kessinger, American Democrat politician, Candidate for Presidential Elector for New York, 1908
- Albert R. Kessinger, American Democrat politician, Mayor of Rome, New York, 1910-11; Delegate to Democratic National Convention from New York, 1924, 1932
- Robert Keith Kessinger (b. 1967), American former Major League Baseball player who played 11 games for the Cincinnati Reds in 1993
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Fogleman, Aaron Spencer. Hopeful Journeys German Immigration, Settlement, and Political Culture in Colonial America 1717-1775. Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press, 1986. Print. (ISBN 978-0812215489).
- Bentley, Elizabeth P. Passenger Arrivals at the Port of New York 1820-1829. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1999. Print.
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Götze, Alfred. Familiennamen im badischen Oberland. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1918. Print.
- Zoder, Rudolf. Familiennamen in Ostfalen. Hildesheim: Geog Olms Verlagsbuchhandlung, 1968. Print.
- Siebmacher, J.J. Siebmachers Wappenbuch. München, Battenberg: 1975. Print.
- Karlsruhe. Badisches Generallandesarchiv Baden Emigration lists 1866-1911. Salt Lake City: Microfilm of Card Index by the Genealogical Society of Utah. Print.
- Jones, Henry Z. Palatine Families of New York 2 Volumes. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 2001. Print. (ISBN 978-0961388829).
The Kessinger Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kessinger Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 7 October 2015 at 10:15.
on orders of $85 or more