on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2015
Where did the German Kessinger family come from? What is the German Kessinger family crest and coat of arms? When did the Kessinger family first arrive in the United States? Where did the various branches of the family go? What is the Kessinger family history?
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kessinger, Kissinger, Kesinger, Kisinger and many more.
First found in Saxony, where the name Kessinger became noted for its many branches within the region, each house acquiring a status and influence which was envied by the princes of the region. In their later history the name became a power unto themselves and were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they grew into this most influential family.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kessinger research. Another 195 words(14 lines of text) covering the years 1 Ap and 1880 are included under the topic Early Kessinger History in all our PDF Extended History products.
More information is included under the topic Early Kessinger Notables in all our PDF Extended History products.
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kessinger Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anthony Kessinger settled in Mississippi in 1844
- Anthony Kessinger, who arrived in Mississippi in 1844
- Donald Eulon Kessinger (b. 1942), former American professional baseball player and manager
- Kent Kessinger, American football coach and former player, head football at Ottawa University in Ottawa, Kansas
- Ted Kessinger (b. 1941), former American football coach, inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 2010, father of Kent Kessinger
- Clark Kessinger (1896-1975), American bluegrass old-time fiddler
- Robert Keith Kessinger (b. 1967), American former Major League Baseball player who played 11 games for the Cincinnati Reds in 1993
- Brechenmacher, Josef Karlmann. Deutches Namenbuch. Stuttgart: Verlag von Adolf Bonz & Comp, 1928. Print.
- Kapff, Rudolf. Schwäbische Geschlechtsnamen. Stuttgart: Verlag Silberburg, 1927. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Mecklenburgisches Namenbüchlein Ein Führer durch Mecklenburgs Familiennamen. Rostock: Carl Hinstorffs Verlag, 1932. Print.
- Kneschke, Dr. Ernest Heinrich. Neues allgemeines Deutsches Adels-Lexicon 9 Volumes New General German Aristocracy Lexicon. Leipzig: Friedrich Voigt, 1859. Print.
- Best, Hugh. Debrett's Texas Peerage. New York: Coward-McCann, 1983. Print. (ISBN 069811244X).
- Tarneller, Josef. Zur Namenkunde Tirolen Familiennamen. Bozen: Buchhandlung, 1923. Print.
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Oswald, G. Lexicon der Heraldik. Leipzig: 1984. Print.
- Neubecker, Ottfried. Wappen-Bilder-Lexikon der bürgerlichen Geschlechter Deutschlands, Oesterreichs und der Schweiz. Battenberg, München: 1985. Print.
The Kessinger Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kessinger Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 5 March 2015 at 12:44.
on orders of $85 or more