on orders of $85 or more
An excerpt from www.HouseOfNames.com archives copyright © 2000 - 2016
The surname Kerstetter was first found in Austria
, where the family became noted for its many branches within the region, many houses acquiring a status and influence which rivaled that of the landed aristocracy. In their later history some branches were elevated to the ranks of nobility as they distinguished themselves through their contributions to the social, political, and economic developments of the nation.
Spelling variations of this family name include: Karstens, Karsten, Carsten, Carstens, Kersten, Kaersten, Kaerstens, Kerstens, Kirsten, Kirstens, Karst (short form), Kerst, Karsthens, Karsthen, Carsthen, Carsthens, Kersthen, Kaersthen, Kaersthens, Kersthens, Kirsthen, Kirsthens, Karsth (short form), Kersth and many more.
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kerstetter research. Another 244 words (17 lines of text) covering the year 1819 is included under the topic Early Kerstetter History in all our PDF Extended History products
Another 41 words (3 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kerstetter Notables in all our PDF Extended History products
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kerstetter Settlers in United States in the 20th Century
- Marion Kerstetter, aged 20, who settled in America, in 1910
- Arthur Edward Kerstetter, aged 18, who emigrated to the United States from Prentise, Wisc, in 1923
- Herman Henry Kerstetter, aged 14, who emigrated to Prentice, Wisc., in 1924
- William E. Kerstetter (1913-1996), American academic, President of DePauw University (1963 to 1975)
- Private First Class Dexter J Kerstetter (1907-1972), American soldier, awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor in 1945
- Egle, William Henry. Pennsylvania Genealogies Scotch-Irish and German. Harrisburg: L.S. Hart, 1886. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans (Edda Gentry trns). Dictionary of German Names . Madison, Wisconsin: Max Kade Institute, 2002. Print. (ISBN 0-924119-35-7).
- Colletta, John P. They Came In Ships. Salt Lake City: Ancestry, 1993. Print.
- Bahlow, Hans. Deutschlands geographische Namenwelt Etymologisches Lexikon der Fluss- und Ortsnamen alteuropaischer Herkunft. Frankfurt: Suhrkamp, 1985. Print.
- Strassburger, Ralph B. German Pioneers The Original Lists of Arrivals in the Port of Philadelphia 3 Volumes. Baltimore: Picton Press, 1992. Print. (ISBN 978-0929539980).
- Rolland, and H.V. Rolland. Illustrations to the Armorial general by J. B. Rietstap 6 volumes in 3. Baltimore: Heraldic Book Company, 1976. Print.
- Rupp, Daniel L. A Collection of Upwards of Thirty Thousand Names of German, Swiss, Dutch, French and Other Immigrants to Pennsylvania from 1727 to 1776. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 2000. Print. (ISBN 978-0806303024).
- Jones, George F. The Germans of Colonial Georgia 1733-1783 Revised edition. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1986. Print. (ISBN 0806311614).
- Nied, Edmund. Fraenkische Familiennamen urkundlich gesammelt und sprachlich gedeutet. Heidelberg: C. Winter, 1933. Print.
- Gritzner, M. Handbuch der heraldischen Terminologie in zwölf Zungen. Nürnberg: 1890. Print.
The Kerstetter Family Crest was acquired from the Houseofnames.com archives. The Kerstetter Family Crest was drawn according to heraldic standards based on published blazons. We generally include the oldest published family crest once associated with each surname.
This page was last modified on 23 March 2015 at 04:50.
on orders of $85 or more