Early Origins of the Kersh family
The surname Kersh was first found in Saxony
, where the family was anciently associated with the political and religious conflicts of the area. They declared allegiances to many nobles and princes of early history, lending their influence in struggles for power and status within the region. The family founded numerous branches, many of which acquired manors and estates in surrounding regions, where they contributed to the prosperity of their society.
Early History of the Kersh family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kersh research.Another 287 words (20 lines of text) covering the years 1792, 1639, 1710, 1670 and 1720 are included under the topic Early Kersh History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kersh Spelling Variations
of this family name include: Kirsche, Kirsch, Kirsh, Kirshe, Cirsche, Cirsch, Cirsh, Cirshe, Kirschke (Silesia), Kersch, Kersh, Kersche and many more.
Early Notables of the Kersh family (pre 1700)
Prominent bearers of the family name Kersh at this time were Gottfried Kirch (Kirche, Kirkius) (1639-1710), a German astronomer and the first 'Astronomer Royal' in Berlin, Director of... Another 27 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kersh Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Migration of the Kersh family to the New World and Oceana
Some of the first settlers of this family name or some of its variants were: Adam Kirsch, who came to America in 1709 at the age of 31 with his wife, son, and two daughters. Conrad, Johann Jacob, and Georg Kirsch all settled in Pennsylvania in 1744.
Contemporary Notables of the name Kersh (post 1700)
- George Kersh (b. 1968), American gold medalist runner at the 1991 Goodwill Games, current high school running coach a this high school alma mater
- Gerald Kersh (1911-1968), English-born, American writer of novels and short stories, his short story "The Secret of the Bottle", received an Edgar Award from the Mystery Writers of America
- Charles David Kersh (b. 1970), American country music singer
- Thomas H. Kersh, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Arkansas, 1892 CITATION[CLOSE]
The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 7) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html
- Nicole Kersh (b. 1984), Australian founder and managing director of 4cabling, a Australian-based cabling and IT accessories manufacturer