Kepler History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
The name Kepler, which is a local surname, reveals that the original bearer of the name once lived, held land, or was born in the beautiful region of Bohemia, which is now part of Czechoslovakia.The name Bohemia comes from the tribe of the Boii, who were settled in this ancient territory. In the 10th century, the ruling Bohemian dukes became Reichsfuersten, or Princes of the German Empire. In 1198, they were crowned Kings of Bohemia and they became subjects and Electors of the Kaiser. In the early 14th century, Prague became the capital of the Empire.
Early Origins of the Kepler family
The surname Kepler was first found in Bohemia, where the name was an integral part of the feudal society which would shape modern European history. Individual bearers of the name first mentioned in ancient chronicles include Henrich Keppler (c.1365) and Hensel Kepel (c.1382,) both of Prague.
Important Dates for the Kepler family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kepler research. Another 189 words (14 lines of text) covering the years 1579, 1718, 1733, 1571 and 1630 are included under the topic Early Kepler History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kepler Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Keppler, Kepler, Kaeppler, Kaepler, Kaeppel, Keppel, Kepel, Kepele, Keppner and many more.
Early Notables of the Kepler family (pre 1700)
More information is included under the topic Early Kepler Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kepler migration to the United States
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kepler Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hans Bernhard Kepler, who arrived in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1740
- Hans Bernard Kepler, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1740 
- Hans Bernhard Kepler, who landed in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1740 
- John George Kepler, who arrived in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania in 1740 
- Joackim Kepler, who landed in Pennsylvania in 1753 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
Kepler Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- Anthony Kepler, who landed in Indiana in 1852 
- Jacob Kepler, who arrived in Allegany (Allegheny) County, Pennsylvania in 1866 
Contemporary Notables of the name Kepler (post 1700)
- J. W. Kepler, American politician, Member of Pennsylvania State House of Representatives from Centre County, 1903-04 
- J. A. Kepler, American Republican politician, Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention from Iowa, 1904 
- Johannes Kepler (1571-1630), German mathematician, astronomer and astrologer, eponym of the Kepler spacecraft, Supernova, lunar crater and Martian crater
- Kepler Christoffel Wessel (b. 1957), former South African cricketer
- Kepler Orellana (b. 1977), Venezuelan retired professional tennis player
You May Also Like
- ^ Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- ^ The Political Graveyard: Alphabetical Name Index. (Retrieved 2015, October 6) . Retrieved from http://politicalgraveyard.com/alpha/index.html