Kasten History, Family Crest & Coats of Arms
- Origins Available:
Early Origins of the Kasten family
The surname Kasten was first found in Prussia and Denmark, where the name emerged in medieval times as one of the notable families of the region. From the 13th century the surname was identified with the great social and economic evolution which made this territory a landmark contributor to the development of the nation. Kaster is a village in West Flanders, Belgium.
Early History of the Kasten family
This web page shows only a small excerpt of our Kasten research. Another 145 words (10 lines of text) covering the years 1497, 1735, 1828 and 1832 are included under the topic Early Kasten History in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
Kasten Spelling Variations
Spelling variations of this family name include: Kesten, Kersten, Kirstein, Kasten, Kistein and many more.
Early Notables of the Kasten family (pre 1700)
Another 31 words (2 lines of text) are included under the topic Early Kasten Notables in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.
In the United States, the name Kasten is the 7,326th most popular surname with an estimated 4,974 people with that name. 
| Kasten migration to the United States ||+|
Some of the first settlers of this family name were:
Kasten Settlers in United States in the 18th Century
- Hanss Georg Kasten, who arrived in Pennsylvania in 1749 
- Heinrich Kasten, who landed in America in 1780 
Kasten Settlers in United States in the 19th Century
- J H Z Kasten, who arrived in New Orleans, La in 1850 
- Carl Kasten, who arrived in New York, NY in 1850 
- Catharine Kasten, who settled in New York, NY in 1854
- Karl Wilhelm Kasten, who landed in South America in 1859 
- Eduard Kasten, who landed in Brazil in 1860 
- ... (More are available in all our PDF Extended History products and printed products wherever possible.)
|Contemporary Notables of the name Kasten (post 1700) ||+|
- Major-General William Henry Kasten (1891-1963), American Chief of Finance, Department of the Army (1947-1949) 
- Kasten Antell (1845-1906), Finnish politician
|Historic Events for the Kasten family ||+|
- Albert Kasten (1921-1941), German Matrosengefreiter who served aboard the German Battleship Bismarck during World War II when it was sunk heading to France; he died in the sinking 
- "What are the 5,000 Most Common Last Names in the U.S.?". NameCensus.com, https://namecensus.com/last-names/
- Filby, P. William, Meyer, Mary K., Passenger and immigration lists index : a guide to published arrival records of about 500,000 passengers who came to the United States and Canada in the seventeenth, eighteenth, and nineteenth centuries. 1982-1985 Cumulated Supplements in Four Volumes Detroit, Mich. : Gale Research Co., 1985, Print (ISBN 0-8103-1795-8)
- Generals of World War II. (Retrieved 2012, March 30) William Kasten. Retrieved from http://generals.dk/general/Kasten/William_Henry/USA.html
- Bismarck & Tirpitz Class - Crew List Bismarck. (Retrieved 2018, February 06). Retrieved from https://www.bismarck-class.dk/bismarck/crew/bismarck_crew.html#crew_details